Our services grow with your needs.
Health and Human Services are our main area of focus, but programs are developed
based on the needs of the location/country where the vulnerability exist.
Behavioral & Mental Health Support Services
My Second Family Community Resource Services professionals will develop a diagnostic assessment and create a positive behavior support plan. This plan will receive periodic reviews to ensure it meets the needs of the person we support.
- Reduce the likelihood of someone being institutionalized
- Limit the impact of major life changes on Mental Health
- Decrease the impact of behavioral events on the person’s quality of life
- Assist the person with developing alternative and more effective communication approaches
- Assist the person with developing coping skills to life challenges
- Empower the person to achieve his/her personal goals
Behavioral Health Support Services is:
- Aimed at reducing the likelihood of unnecessary placement of persons in institutions when less restrictive measures can help.
- Prevent placement in psychiatric hospitals
- Promote and support community living skills and social relationships
Contact us for confidential consultation and get started today on securing the most appropriate supports for you.Send Request
Health & Wellness Programs
Programs designed to promote prevention of and treatment of diseases.
What are Nutrition/Wellness Services?
My Second Family (MSF) Support Services Nutrition/Wellness services are designed to promote and maintain good health. These services shall assist in increasing the person’s independence, participation, emotional well-being, and productivity in their home, work, and community.
What services are offered through the nutrition/wellness support?
Nutrition Services are administered to persons in their home settings. These services are provided in accordance with the person’s, Personalized Support Plan (PSP) and Plan of Care.
- Support Services nutrition/wellness services include nutrition evaluation /consultation
- Assessment of a person’s need for a therapeutic diet that may include an altered/textured diet due to oral –motor problems
- Assessment for adaptive eating equipment and dysphagia management
- Nutritional evaluation and consulting services on a variety of subjects
- Promote improved health and increase the person’s ability to manage their own diet in an effective manner
- The nutrition services include menu development, shopping, food preparation, food storage, and food preparation procedures
- The nutrition services are consistent with the person’s physician’s orders
Contact us today for consultation and get started on the path to a healthier quality of life.Send Request
At home Support Programs
These services are provided to eligible persons in
- Their homes
- Their family’s home or
- The home a place of their choice
These services are periodic in nature and provide supports to primary care giver to enable the person to live a quality life to the fullest extent possible.
Trained Personal Support Specialist will provide supports such as:
- Mastering and retaining daily living skills (cooking, cleaning etc.)
- Managing behavior issues and dealing with stressful situations
- Attending social activities of their choosing in the community as they desire.
Support Services will also include:
- Training in activities of daily living and independent living skills
- Assistance with performing personal care task
- Training in the use of community resources
- Assistance with medical appointments and nutritional goal
These supports will be developed on a person-centered thinking model and implemented to empower the person.
My Second Family Community Resource Services pride itself on placing more value on what the person and the family wants than what our staff thinks or wants. We are committed to providing supports that are tailored to your needs through your Individualized Personal Support Plan.Send Request
A Place of My Own Living Services
What is “A Place of My Own” Living Services?
MSF through its CRS program provides “A Place of My Own” Living Services to persons enrolled in the Community Resource Services program that have limited informal supports and have an assessed need for assistance with acquisition, retention, or improvement in skills related to activities of daily living.
What services are offered through “A Place of My Own” Living Services?
My Second Family Community Resource Services “A Place of My Own” Living Services assistance includes assistance with the development of social and adaptive skills that are necessary to enable the person to reside in the community and successfully participate in community activities.
“A Place of My Own” Living Services also include, Medical appointments, transportation training, community exposure and integration support. Additionally, nursing and nutrition services are available, including 24 hours supervision 7 days a week.
MSF and CRS through its My Second Family Community Resource Services provide occupational, physical, and behavioral.
Contact us for a Confidential ConsultationSend Request
Adult Individualized Day Support Services
Services provided in two formats:
- Individually – we provide a person centered set of activities based on the person’s needs and wishes (these include community and recreational activities)
- Group Supports – we offer supports along with other persons who require similar or the same supports. They attend activities in groups.
These two services are provided based on determination of need and the persons’ plan of care.
Activities include but not limited to:
- Arts and Humanities
- Health and Lifestyle
- Employment and entrepreneurial activities – Career exploration
- Family matters to include stress reduction programs
- Technology for those who express an interest in learning about modern technology
- Open Imagination - we work with the person to develop activities they have always imagined doing.
- Sports and Recreation
We have developed partnerships with government and non-government organization to ensure our people get the most fulfilling experience possible. We have also developed a volunteers program with the persons to ensure they get the most useful work experience possible. The core value and hub of all we design for you and your love ones is based on their choice first; a person centered approach to providing supports.
Contact us for a free consultation and get you or your love ones started today.Send Request
Personal Support Programs for Daily Living
Of all the issues countries have struggled with over the years, probably none is more damaging to the countries’ ability to grow than the scourge of substance abuse and addiction. However, there are many other issues which may have caused a person to try drugs or abuse alcohol in the first place. We at MSFCRS, Inc. believe that we must dig deeper than the obvious to find long lasting and life changing solutions. MSFCRS, Inc. through its person centered approach to solving issues will work with you to find the best possible comprehensive and sustainable solution. Some areas we work with our clients are:
- Alcohol and drug abuse prevention counselling
- Social and Life Skills programs: Your Personal Life Plan
- Mentoring and One on One support for people diagnosed with depression
- Post Disaster Adjustment and Support programs
- Traumatic Life Events recovery program
These and more areas of support are available to you.
Contact us for confidential consultation and solutions seeking discussionsSend Request
Respite Care Services
Respite Services are geared towards making available a place for your love ones to stay and trained professional staff to provide care and supports during your absence. We believe that when your love ones are disabled or elderly, there is also a burden on your life. We at My Second Family are here to assist in providing relief to you so you may also have a quality of life of your choosing.
How does this work?
Contract with us over a long term to provide respite for your family and we will take care of them.
- A Support Plan for your love one is developed and our staff follows the plan to ensure we are doing the things you identify as a need for them
- Time frame for a stay is 1 to 30 days per year
- We can pick up your love ones or you can drop them off and we will take care of the rest
- The location of the respite is a home located in a safe place as near as possible to you with lots of space for activities
- We provide meals based on the nutritional plan which forms part of the support plan.
- We ensure your love ones get to any appointments you scheduled for them as is outlined in their Personalized Support Plan
Contact us for a Confidential ConsultationSend Request
Youth in Transition Programs
Youth in Transition Programs (Hope Now Initiatives)
Whether is from a primary/junior class room to a college or a high school class room, My Second Family Community Resource Services is committed to providing a smooth, realistic and rewarding transition.
If it is a transition from the juvenile justice system to our second chance programs, MSFCRS is ready with the expertise to address the needs of the young person.
We recognize that there are many factors that affect young people and their issues are not the same so the solutions should not be the same.
- We offer no judgement on the career path the person wants to take. Our team focuses on options and opportunities and tie them to real life experiences then provide the professional mentor to assist the young person with realizing those goals and dreams
- We do not stigmatize those young people who have gone through the juvenile justice system. We offer second chance programs to address the opportunity the person needs to turn their life around.
- Therefore, we are considered to be the program of choice for youth in transition.
Our Programs have a sustainability model that reduces the chances of the person going back down the same negative paths which lead him or her to get sent through the Juvenile Justice System.
Contact us to learn more about our person-centered plans which are the hallmark of our programs.Send Request
I am Somebody Awards Banquet Info
I am somebody awards banquet
Since MSFCRS, Inc. values all its partners and service recipient alike, we hold an annual awards banquet to recognize people who work hard each year to ensure the people we are fortunate enough to give support and their care takers are recognized and given awards to show our appreciation.
These are some of the areas for awards.
- Personal Support Specialist of the Year
- Resource Coordinators of the Year
- Family Support Group of the Year
- Community Partners of the Year